Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Traffic

Before I left the office for Mall of Asia and then Makati, I was half-dreading the heavy traffic I've been hearing purportedly due to Christmas panic shopping and to early vacationers going the highway routes.  It was only a half-dread, because somewhere inside of me, I was also wishing for a traffic free journey, that everyone else would hopefully be on their way from the usually busy metropolis to far far away from everyday work.

I almost had a wish come true.  I left welcome rotunda at 4:00pm and dropped my brother at U.N. by 4:20, and got to MOA by 4:30.  After some last hour shopping, I left MOA at 5:50, got to RCBC by 6:14, and on my way to U.N. again for a rendezvous at 6:45.

And then there's the road to Quiapo.  It's Christmas time and it's traffic from Lawton to Quiapo church.  Why?  Three lane mergings have become five lane stand stills, two lane bridges have become three lanes.  And jeepneys and buses still are selfishly blocking lanes.  There's no season of sharing in the traffic scene of the Philippines.

No comments:

Post a Comment